Full Cosmetic Procedure - Before
Full Cosmetic Procedure - After
What is Cosmetic Dentistry or a Smile Makeover?
Cosmetic dental procedures should not be cookie cutter services that give everyone the same “Hollywood White” veneers and a perfect fake smile. It involves a combination of your personal desire for an enhanced smile along with an individually designed treatment plan. You can only get this treatment from an experienced dentist with advanced training. At Sun Valley Smile Designs, we offer Cosmetic Dentistry treatments in Ketchum, Idaho, that will enhance your smile’s natural beauty and optimize your oral health.
First impressions are everything. Studies have shown that when people are asked what is it they remember most about new people they meet, 80% of the time it is another’s smile. The real truth is that many ideas and opinions people make about you are based on the appearance of your teeth and smile. Therefore, the first thing they notice is what they base their lasting impression on.
Are you unhappy with your smile? Are you unable to just be yourself in social settings because you are embarrassed to show your teeth while smiling or laughing? These are very common feelings, but there is a solution.
Dr. John Calvert can help you beautifully transform your smile to a natural-looking, attractive state so you feel comfortable and confident in any social or work setting. Having confidence in what your smile says about you can truly change your life.
How is Cosmetic Dentist, Dr. Calvert's, approach different?
Dr. Calvert will listen to you and determine exactly what your concerns are, and to what degree you want your smile enhanced. Again, not everyone wants or needs the same thing. We know you may have some specific ideas and thoughts you want to make sure are heard and made a priority; that is what we promise to do for you. Secondly, our Premier Smile Analysis is performed by Dr. Calvert to determine precisely what is needed to give you the most attractive, natural smile that you desire.
There are several areas that are evaluated that make up your overall smile. These involve more than just the state of your teeth such as:
1. What is your facial shape and how does it relate to the shape of your teeth?
2. What is the position of your teeth as they relate to your lip and smile line?
3. How much of your teeth show while smiling and when not smiling?
4. Do your teeth cause you to look older or younger?
5. Then there are quite a few characteristics and parameters to be evaluated specifically about your teeth.
The following are just some of what is detailed in Dr. Calvert’s Optimum Smile Analysis of your teeth.
1. Are your teeth discolored, crooked, worn or uneven, have cavities, look too thick or too thin, too narrow or too wide?
2. Do you have spaces and gaps, or are your teeth crowded and overlapping?
3. Is your smile symmetrical from left to right? Are your teeth individually symmetrical with each other, or are some too large or too small compared to others.
4. Do you show too much gum when you smile (gummy smile)?5. Do your teeth make your lips stick out? Does the position of your teeth cause your lips to look sunken or create unsightly lines or wrinkles around your lips?
6. If the shape or position of your teeth is changed, will it affect your speech at all?
There are a lot of things to consider if you are looking for excellence in cosmetic dental services.
Whether you want just a few teeth altered, or are looking for a more comprehensive Smile Makeover, Dr. Calvert and his highly trained team will provide you with the smile you have always dreamed of. That is our absolute promise of excellence in dentistry and in our personal service to you. If you are searching for a cosmetic dentist in Ketchum, trust Dr. Calvert at Sun Valley Smile Designs!
Cosmetic procedures may involve:
- Our Ultra Natural All-Porcelain Veneers.
- Full coverage Natural All Porcelain Crowns.
- In Office Power Whitening.
- Repositioning of teeth with Invisalign. This uses clear aligners rather than unsightly metal braces.
- Corrective contouring of your gumline for a more natural smile.
- Life-like dental implants and crowns to replace one or more missing teeth.
- Jaw anchored Precision Attachment Full Dentures for complete loss of teeth.
Contact us today at 207-471-8770 for a Complimentary Smile Consultation.
Sun Valley Smile Designs offers effective dental solutions to help you with any of your dental care needs. Whether the treatment you need is cosmetic, restorative, or orthodontic, you may count on our high quality service and gentle care. Call us at 208-471-8770 and let us help enhance your smile.
Monday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Friday – Sunday: Closed
Meet The Doctor
Did You Know...
Cosmetic dentistry in Ketchum is more than just teeth whitening? Your cosmetic dentist, Dr. John Calvert is also capable of transforming your smile’s shape, color and alignment, as well as filling in gaps and discreetly restoring decayed or damaged teeth with tooth-colored fillings. In fact, modern advancements in cosmetic dentistry have made it possible for patients to achieve nearly perfect teeth with cosmetic enhancements and restorations that are virtually undetectable to friends, family and peers.
Frequently Asked Questions
You may be a candidate for cosmetic dentistry if your healthy teeth have imperfections that you would prefer to be changed to enhance the appearance of your smile. It is important to recognize that aesthetic dental treatments are not meant to alter your overall appearance, but rather to provide a positive change that compliments the health and natural appearance of your teeth. If you think cosmetic dentistry is right for you, contact your Ketchum cosmetic dentist today to schedule a consultation.
Due to great strides in dentistry; cosmetic, restorative and general dentistry can overlap in a single visit. You can expect your cosmetic dentist to discuss the significance of your overall dental health, as well as aesthetics at your appointment.
There are many types of cosmetic treatments available, from in-office teeth whitening to total smile make-overs. The types of cosmetic dental treatments in Ketchum that are available to you will depend on your overall goals, but may include professional whitening, tooth-colored fillings, bonding, crowns, veneers, or dental implants.
You will receive special care instructions following your treatment. For example, if you have your teeth whitened, you should avoid highly pigmented beverages and foods for several days to prevent staining. On the other hand, a dental implant placement may require some down time, as well as a temporary, but limited diet.