Porcelain Veneers and Laminates
Did you know that your smile is responsible for about 80% of the first impressions that other people form about you?
What does your smile reveal about you?
What do you want your smile to say about you?
Have you always wanted a more attractive smile?
Well, that new beautiful smile is much easier to achieve than you might think. At Sun Valley Smile Designs, we can give you the natural, beautiful smile you’ve been wanting with porcelain veneers.
This is a popular procedure done by most dentists. However, for you to achieve the smile you desire and a look that is best for your individual needs, you will want a dentist with advanced training and an artist’s eye. With Dr. Calvert’s 30 years of expertise in this area of cosmetic dentistry, we guarantee that is exactly what you will get.
Dr. Calvert can create these precise tooth-shaped coverings for one, two, four, six or more of your front teeth to make the following improvements to your smile:
- Close gaps between your teeth, giving you an even, uniform smile.
- Cover unsightly discolorations or stains in your teeth that cannot be removed with teeth whitening.
- Reshape misshapen teeth such as “peg laterals” and other defects.
- Straighten rotated, crooked or misaligned teeth.
- Lengthen shortened teeth that are worn due to trauma or bruxism.
- Make aged, worn looking, dark teeth look younger and whiter.
At Sun Valley Smile Designs, your smile is our passion. Dr. John Calvert will sit down with you and help you make the best choices to fit your desires and priorities. Dr. Calvert takes pride in providing the most up to date cosmetic procedures to patients from all over the area. Providing the highest quality cosmetic dentistry in Ketchum takes precision, patience, and an eye for a great smile. Dr. Calvert will provide you with the finest cosmetic dentistry available and achieve the results you desire.
This particular process is easy and can be accomplished in two visits. The process involves the following steps:
- Preparation of your tooth – The surface of the tooth is textured to provide a retentive surface for the porcelain covering to adhere to. This process is painless and easy – your comfort is always Dr. Calvert’s primary concern.
- Taking impressions – After the preparation of your teeth, an impression mold is taken of your teeth, which will be used by our exceptional lab to create your customized tooth-shaped veneers. Dr. Calvert will then create natural looking temporary coverings to be worn until the lab returns your customized, permanent veneers to our office.
- Placement – On your return visit to our office, we will adhere the porcelain veneer to your tooth. The bond is very strong, almost becoming part of your own tooth. Dr. Calvert will take great care to make sure every aspect of your new smile meets not only your expectations, but also his own very high standards.
Sun Valley Smile Designs takes pride in the many beautiful smiles we have helped our patients to achieve. If you are not happy with the appearance of your smile, you can change it! Come seek the benefit of Dr. Calvert’s highly rated expertise and take advantage of this smile-enhancing procedure at Sun Valley Smile Designs. Call us at 208-471-8770 for a consultation and more information.
Did you know…
Dental veneers are a conservative way of completely making over your smile? In fact, veneers are a go-to cosmetic procedure that has become popular with celebrities who want a brighter and more symmetrical smile. Miley Cyrus, Hilary Duff and Ben Affleck are just some of Hollywood’s elite who have seen a cosmetic dentist for laminates. Fortunately, affordability and accessibility make it easy for anyone to get dental veneers – including Ketchum patients.
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I a candidate for dental veneers or laminates?
Dental veneers may be right for you if you are looking for an alternative to crowns and caps. Veneers can help you if you have gaps between your teeth or teeth that are broken, chipped, irregularly shaped or misaligned. To find out more about whether dental veneers are right for you, contact a cosmetic dentist in Ketchum to schedule a consultation.
What should I expect when I get my dental veneers in Ketchum?
Before dental veneers can be placed on the teeth, the surface of the teeth must be prepared for bonding. You’ll then bite into a mold that will be used to form your veneers in a dental lab. When the veneers are ready, you’ll be asked to return to have them fitted, bonded and adjusted for shape and color.
Will I need to follow any post-treatment care instructions?
There is no special care required for dental veneers Normal brushing and flossing can be resumed immediately. Because veneers are usually placed over the course of two appointments, it is normal to experience some sensitivity between the first and second visit when the teeth have been reduced in preparation for bonding.